This Thanksgiving Butter Board with Cacio e Pepe flavor is perfect for your holiday festivities with toasty bread, fresh herbs, and creamy parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
For Parmesan crisps and assembly:
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, toasted
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- For butter: Using a hand mixer, beat butter, parmesan, pepper and salt together until smooth.Set aside.
- For Parmesan crisps and assembly: Preheat oven to 400°F and line 2 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cheese 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Spread each mound to a 2-inch diameter. Bake until light golden brown and crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool at room temperature before removing. Break crisps into large shards.
- Spread butter decoratively on wooden serving board. Top with Parmesan crisps, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes and pepper. Serve with toasted bread and crackers.