With many schools transitioning to virtual learning to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Discover Dairy is committed to providing free digital resources and curriculum to help educators during this time.
Visit our virtual learning library to access digital lessons and resources to supplement your virtual lesson planning. If you’re looking for a specific lesson or resource, please email Brittany Snyder or call 717-346-0849 and we can help you find virtual educational resources that will work for your classroom.
We encourage you to take advantage of additional instructional resources provided by the National Dairy Council and other sources:
- A World Well Nourished: Dairy’s Role in Health and Sustainable Food Systems
- Dairy DYK: Your Top Questions Answered
- Get Cultured on Fermented Dairy Foods
- Fat or Fiction: The Science of Whole Milk Dairy Foods Within Healthy Eating Patterns
- Diabetes and Dairy: Research, Recommendations and Real World
- Power of Protein: Quality & Quantity in Healthy Eating Patterns
Resources, Infographics and Videos
- At Home with Science: Let’s Make Butter!
- Soil for Ag – A lesson geared toward 4th grade learning about land suitable for agriculture.
- Healthy Bodies-Healthy Cows Lesson – A lesson geared toward 4th grade learning how our movements compare and contrast that of a cow.
- Downloadable Food Models
- Ag Trivia – Fun facts you never knew about dairy.
- Dairy BINGO – Families can create their own board and have fun.
- Coloring Book – An undeniably dairy adventure for Preschool to 6th
- Color by Number – This mural is geared for your experienced student (4th – 6th grade)
- Advanced Coloring Sheets – Dairy-themed coloring sheets for older students (and adults!)
- Fun on the Farm with Farmer Katie Video Series
- Fun on the Farm with Farmer Jess Video Series
- Fun on the Farm with Farmer Lolly Video Series
- Fun on the Farm with Farmer Renee Video Series
- Live Ag Lessons (Daily Videos from Riverview, LLP)
- Live Story-Reading by a Dairy Farmer (My Barnyard View Blog)
- Answers to Common Questions: Dairy A to Z
- Dairy Dictionary
- Dairy as a Driver of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Dairy’s Role in Addressing the Triple Burden of Malnutrition
- Honor the Harvest. From Farm to Table and Back Again
- Honor the Harvest. Nourish People. Be a Food Waste Warrior
- The Udder Truth on Antibiotics, Big Farms and Animal Care (Videos)
- Virtual Farm Tours by American Dairy Association Northeast
Dairy Nutrition 101
- Dairy Foods Key for Supporting Health
- A Nutrient Powerhouse
- What Do Milk Fat Percentages Mean?
- Think Your Drink How Milk Compares to Other Beverages
- Dairy and Nutrient Contributions
- Dairy in Healthy Eating Plans
- Milk and Your Health
- Cheese and Your Health
- Yogurt and Your Health
- Dairy and Lactose Intolerance
- Dairy and Cardiovascular Disease
- Whole and Reduced-Fat Dairy Foods and Cardiovascular Disease
- Dairy and Type 2 Diabetes
- Dairy and Blood Pressure
This page will be updated as more learning resources are made available.